It’s that time of the year again. School is in full swing and you need to make a decision about where you are living next year. Signing your first lease can seem daunting, but don’t let this next phase in your life intimidate you. Follow these University of Tennessee college apartment leasing tips to help you make the right decision for you.
1. Just like other things in life, you can’t have it all. Great location, low price, more space and amenities are the whole package, but not all are attainable at the same time in Knoxville.
2. Living off campus can be a hassle on Big Orange game days but usually these apartments offer more personal living space, parking, and amenities. Are having your own bathroom and a pool worth the drive?
3. On the other hand, living on campus puts you right in the heart of everything. Game days go smoother and everything the university offers is right outside your door.
4. Price depends heavily on location. Places on near UT’s campus tend to be more expensive with less space. Off campus apartments offers more space and generally lower prices.
5. If you are someone who has to drive to work everyday, strongly consider living off campus. Parking is always horrible on campus and since you are driving anyway you might has well come home to more space, hassle-free parking and a pool.
An unknown necessity to renting an apartment is Renter’s Insurance, read up on it so you won’t be as confused when you are signing that dotted line.
Photo: Kate Ter Haar